Breast cancer is a rampant disease in Indian women today, especially affecting urban women.
FIGHT BREAST CANCER
Breast cancer cannot be prevented. But it is curable if it is diagnosed on time. This is why screening mammography is done; to detect the cancer at early stage.
It is advisable to do mammography every year after the age of 40 years for this reason—to detect it at early stage.
WHY IS EARLY DETECTION OF BREAST CANCER SO IMPORTANT?
- Better treatment options
- Increased possibility of survival
- Lower rate of recurrence
- In turn, cost of treatment is also lower.
WHAT IS DONE IN MAMMOGRAPHY?
- The breasts are compressed with compression plate and X-Rays are taken. Usually 4 X-Rays are taken
- Additional views are taken in problematic &/or doubtful cases.
- This is not a painful procedure, but it may cause momentary discomfort.
WHAT IS SONOMAMMOGRAPHY?
- It is high resolution ultrasound of breast.
- It is usually done with mammography as they complement each other.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR MAMMOGRAPHY?
- There is no major preparation required.
- Inform doctor if you are pregnant
- Avoid using deodorant, talcum powder under the arms or breast area
- Do not go for mammography just before or during periods, if you experience pain in the breast during this time.
WHY MAMMOGRAPHY AT SHOBHA DIAGNOSTIC CENTRE?
- We, at shobha diagnostic offer mammography services by specially trained female radiologist and technical staff.
- Radiologist is always available to supervise the mammography.
- We also offer USG guided interventions like cyst aspirations. FNAC / FNAB